Monday 12 August 2013

Our California Adventure (Semi) Live Trip Report - Day 4 - D23

Today was the second day of D23, but the first day we were going. I had planned to dress as Jack Sparrow, but because of a mixup at the store we bought my boots from, I had no boots, so Jack would have to wait.

We knew there was an early panel we wanted to hit ("Let the Adventures Begin: Live Action at The Walt Disney Studios") at 10:30, so we headed out early, and were in line by about 8:00. Turns out we weren't early enough, and wound up in overflow. But, the presentation was still awesome, with Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Chris Evans, Angelina Jolie, and more showing up to talk a bit about upcoming films. I'm massively excited for all of the Marvel films, and have a feeling that a "Falcon" movie is going to be in the works soon, but I think I'm most looking forward to Saving Mr. Banks.

After the panel, we wandered the floor a little bit, checked out the Evolution of a Villain exhibit on Darth Vader, Rin got a picture with Joey Fatone, and I took several pictures around the con. We didn't really do a lot at the Expo today.



Rin and Vader
Rin and Joey. I think she was far more excited about this one.
After the Expo, Rin and I got some food from the food trucks outside. It was the first experience with food trucks for both of us (other than chip wagons who only sell fries), and we were both happy with our choices. Rin had pulled pork, and I had steak with chimichurri. Far too much chimichurri, but it was still good. Then we each had an ice cream sandwich, which were both quite delicious. 

On the drive home, we had the chance to see a car accident. Not like a fender bender or something, but one where suddenly there was a car in the air. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but it was in the opposing lane, and I'm amazed no one else hit the car as it flipped several times. I looked for information about it online, but couldn't find anything. Hopefully whoever was in it was ok.

Got home (finally managed to pick up my Pirate boots on the way back), hung out for a bit, went over to a local place for some pizza, then watched Mud. Pretty good movie, though I was exhausted and kept almost falling asleep. Hit the sack, since tomorrow's another day at D23, and I have a lot of getting ready to do in the morning.

Oh, mini photo dump! There weren't a lot of cosplayers, but most of the ones I saw are here.


The Hatter

I'm pretty sure this is Ariel, though I'm not sure what's with the doll...

Haunted Mansion Ghosts.

Queen Amidala and Darth Nihilus. I'm pretty sure this Amidala actually won the A La Mode Costume Contest for Best In Show.

Sorcerer Mickey
If you know anyone pictured here, let me know (and them) and I'll give them credit. If you want a picture removed, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment