Monday 12 August 2013

Our California Adventure (Semi) Live Trip Report - Day 5 - D23, Part 2

Today, I was definitely dressing up as Captain Jack Sparrow, since it would be my last day to do so. We got up about 8:30, later than we meant to, and I started to get ready. Most of my costume is simple, but my beard is always a pain in the ass to get ready. I'm blonde, so I have to make it black, then trim it, etc, etc. It takes forever. Finally, by about 10:30, we were headed out.
Me and my beard. And my eye makeup, can't forget that.
Today was just a lot of wandering, nothing specific on the schedule. Our first stop was The Dream Store, where I wanted basically everything. There was some amazing Haunted Mansion artwork, as well as a bunch of different Castle prints, and more. The merchandise, I could take or leave, but I love me some Disney art.

After the Dream Store, came the Collector's Forum, where Rin promptly fell in love. You see, Rin loves Peter Pan, and Peter Pan (not Tinkerbell) merchandise is really hard to find. This place was full of Peter Pan stuff from when the movie first came out. Sadly, most of it was in the hundreds of dollars. So, we continued on, where we wandered across Noah's booth, and we saw this print for $40. I've loved Noah's work since I first saw it like 3 years ago, and Rin loved the picture, so that was that. Unfortunately, they were sold out. Damn. Moving on.

We looked around a bunch more, I took a bunch of pictures with kids and adults alike, then it was time for food. Man, convention center food is expensive. As Katie finished her food, I went back to the Noah booth and bought the last gallery wrapped canvas Peter Pan picture they had. It was more than we had originally planned on spending, but I prefer wrapped canvas to anything else anyway. So then I brought Rin back, and Noah was good enough to personalize the print for her. Kind of an awesome touch. I feel like had we bought an original, he would have probably painted another picture on the back for us. He seemed like a nice guy.
Drawing on the back of the canvas.
After this, it was just a lot more wandering. I got a few more pictures with some random people, checked out Journey Into Imagineering, which made the trip worth it for me, but sounds really boring when I talk about it, so I'll leave it out. Then we drove home, and we've hung out here the rest of the night.

I'm too lazy for a photo dump tonight, it's midnight, so I'm gonna get some sleep before Disney's California Adventure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment